NO Rapid Fire and NO Double-Tap!!!
Riverside Indoor Shooting Range (RISR) Rules
- ALWAYS POINT THE MUZZLE IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, and outside the trigger guard, until ready to fire or until the command “Commence Firing” has been given.
- ALWAYS KEEP THE ACTION OPEN AND FIREARM UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE. On a firing range this means the shooters are in a position on the firing line and the range has been cleared for live firing.
- ALWAYS KNOW HOW THE FIREARM OPERATES.
- ALWAYS BE SURE THE FIREARM AND AMMUNITION ARE COMPATIBLE.
- ALWAYS CARRY ONLY ONE GAUGE/CALIBER OF AMMUNITION WHEN SHOOTING. When at a shooting range with more than one firearm, use one at a time and when complete, store that firearm and it ammunition before using the next one.
- ALWAYS BE SURE OF THE TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND. When on shooting ranges, be mindful also of adjacent areas and act accordingly.
- ALWAYS WEAR EAR AND EYE PROTECTION.
- DO NOT MIX ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WITH SHOOTING ACTIVITIES.
- There is no Minimum age to use the range but we do require the minors arms to be parallel to the shooting bench, and accompanied by an adult at all times.
- If you have never shot a gun before – please let us know so we can assist you.
- If you are pregnant or believe you may be pregnant, you cannot shoot on the range.
- If you have consumed any alcoholic beverages or have been using any other substances within the last 8 hours, you may not shoot on the range.
- If you are a felon you are not permitted on the range for any reason nor may you be in possession of a firearm under Federal Law.
- If you intend to do bodily harm to yourself or others you are not permitted on the range.
Firearms Brought Into Riverside Indoor Shooting Range
- All Firearms brought into Range must be unloaded, locked and encased in a gun case, bag, box, etc… NOT Just a holster. Except for full time law enforcement.
- All guns must remain cased in the lobby unless handled by RISR personnel
- The range officer on duty is in direct charge of the range during all times the range is in use.
- The range officer will eject from the range any person handling a firearm in an unsafe or careless manner.
- The range officer has the authority to and will inspect all firearms and ammunition and will ban their use if in their judgment they are unsafe, not in good working order, or “just because”
- Any person who subjects the range officer to harassment verbal or otherwise will be ejected from the range.
- Any person found to be firing at lights, baffles, carriers, or any other range property or equipment will be held financially and criminally responsible and if need be reported to the proper authorities for the appropriate action.
- Targets will be mounted only on target frames provided.
- Firing at boxes cans or any other foreign object not previously approved is prohibited.
- Only targets provided by the range or approved by the range officer are permitted
- Only shoot at the target in your lane.
- All firearms and weapons should be in good working order and may be checked and approved by RISR staff.
- Any ammunition that steel core or steel case is prohibited.
- No tracers, incendiary gas, or explosive ammunition is permitted.
- Shot guns may only use Slug or Buck Shot (00buck)
In the Range
- All persons utilizing the range facilities are required to read the range rules. and sign all columns of the sign in sheet before being permitted on the range.
- A responsible adult must accompany persons under the age of 21. This adult shall act as a coach and must remain with the minor at all times while the minor is utilizing the range.
- No food or open top drink is permitted in the range.
- No smoking is permitted in the building ( this also includes smokeless tobacco products)
- Do not pass firearms between booths the firearm must remain in the booth and persons can change booths.
- Persons not shooting or coaching are not permitted in the range facility
- Persons utilizing the range facilities are not permitted forward of the firing line.
- All equipment in the shooting point left unattended is left at the owner’s expense
Firing Line Procedures
- You will shoot only from the position assigned to you.
- The muzzle must be pointed down range at all times.
- The gun must remain level while shooting
- Shooters must load and unload their own firearms keeping the muzzle down range
- No firearms are permitted to be handed to another person.
- Only one firearm should be loaded at a time.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased to move between positions.
- Only line-of-site shooting is permitted. No hip or snap shooting
- No rapid fire is permitted. ( one second between shots)
- When leaving the firing line at any time, unload the firearm, lock the action open, and lay it with the muzzle pointing down range.
- When you are completely finished shooting and wish to leave, all of your firearms must be unloaded and securely encased before leaving the shooting position.
- If your firearm malfunctions, becomes jammed, or if you require assistance of any type from the range officer; lay the firearm down with the muzzle pointed down range, step back and inform the range officer. If needed you may come out to the lobby, leaving the gun at your shooting position and retrieve a range officer to help you (Or clear the jam yourself keeping the muzzle pointed down range) At no time should you attempt to remove the firearm from the firing line.
- The shooters are responsible for cleaning up all empty cases and trash from their shooting position and directly behind it; placing trash in the trash can and sweep your brass forward of the firing line. You may pick up your brass and take it with you.
- No shooting at targets while they are moving or unlevel.
- Rental guns require you leave a photo ID.
- Action must be open with the magazine removed, placed in the plastic carrier when leaving the firing line. All rental guns must be returned in this condition.
- All rental guns use RISR ammo only
- When the gun is returned your drivers license will be returned
Rental of Handguns must have two (2) people ages 21 or older!
Ear and Eye Protection and Clothing
- It is obligatory that all persons on the range wear approved safety glasses and full hearing protection.
- Your range fee and time runs out when you leave the RISR property.
- Feel free to ask the range officers any questions. They are here for your safety and your assistance
- Standing shooters only unless approved by range officer.
Gun safety is in your control only with proper handling and use.
Failure to obey these rules may result in an ejection from the range.
Rules are strictly enforced.
Rules subject to change and modification at any time In store rules preside over these in case any changes have been made and the web page not updated.
Thank Riverside Indoor Shooting Range staff.